WEEKLY FIX PAGES

Monday, October 27, 2008

VINNING FAMILY REUNION






Just spent the last few days near the Snowy Mountains at a family reunion, and had a fantastic time. Over 40 relatives traveled from England, Fiji and all over Australia to my Uncle's farm near Thredbo for four days of celebrations.

Festivities included kite flying, fishing for yabbies, photograping local wildlife and plenty of drinking. Everyone stayed in caravans, combies and tents on the property. All the food was provided from the land. My cousin built an outside pizza oven for the event which went down a treat.

I have plenty of relatives that love to party hard so I wasn't out of place cracking my first beer with breakfast every morning. Not everything went to plan, within an hour of arriving I had broken my collar bone in three places had three shots of morphine, and subscribed a cocktail of medication which just added to an impressive stockpile I had accrued for the weekend.

I had such a brilliant four days that I have put my hand up to host the next reunion.

5 comments:

shagga said...

looks great mickus.. can we all come as part of extended family when you host it? tell more about the broken collar bone please..

Mick Messer said...

I was planning of combining my 40th with the next reunion, so yes all mutants will be invited.

I broke my left collar bone playing tiggy with my second cousins when trying to escape the clutches of around six kids. I jumped over the dog kennel clipped it with my foot and landed on my shoulder.

This happened around 35 minutes after arriving.

shagga said...

playing tiggy .. classic.. if you promise to beat that at your 40th count me in.

Borgus Erectus said...

mickus wickus.. your hard core man... Looks like a fantastic event.. no doubt the collarbone story will be told at every family reunion..... looks like you need to hit the GC to a little r&r... do I need to beg to get you down there??

Borgus Erectus said...

mickus wickus.. your hard core man... Looks like a fantastic event.. no doubt the collarbone story will be told at every family reunion..... looks like you need to hit the GC to a little r&r... do I need to beg to get you down there??