WEEKLY FIX PAGES

Thursday, May 24, 2007

State Verses State, Mate Verses Mate!!!

Well what a match..... One that I was so glad to have been a part of.... Burger, Si, Kymbo, Paul, Sal and myself were amongst the 52,000 lucky people to be at the game last night (the biggest crowd at Suncorp EVER).. A great Queensland come back of fairy tale proportions.

I could of kicked myself when I murmured to the person next to me that Tate was about to go in for a try right on half time. His kick and chase went Pete Tong and the rest is history. Queensland down 18 -6 with 40 to go. But you know what, being a person who has watched many a game and believes he actually gets as nervous as the players on the day I would rather be down at half time then defending a lead as we always do better with our backs against the wall. And the boys didnt dissappoint. The buzz at Suncorp was that apparent that I could'nt talk to the person next to me the roar was so loud.


The Blues didnt even score a point in the second half. Mal's half time talk must have been inspirational as we absolutely demolished the Blues not giving them an inch at any point in the second half. I was a proud Queenlsander and my 5 partners in crime were all beaming at the end of the game. Sally actually had to calm me down as I was getting a little cocky on the way home feeling the need to rub the win into any Blues supporter's face that happened to pass by.


Lastly Steven Price take a bow. You're a farken legend mate and have been inducted in my personal hall of fame along with the other Queenslanders I have personaly admired in my time. He epitomised the pride that goes along with wearing a Maroon Jersey. I was in awe of his passion last night. He was inspirational and the best on the field in my opinion. You're a farken legend Pricey... When I think of last night's game in the future I will remember it as the game you stood tall for Queensland (do you think he will read this??).


MATE VERSES MATE...... STATE VERSES STATE...

QUEENSLAND ONE UP.

BRING ON GAME TWO!!!

3 comments:

Mick Messer said...

Wicked Borgus.

What a brilliant match good onya for getting to the game and giving the boys a lift when they needed it most.

I agree Pricey is a legend.


3-0???????

Borgus Erectus said...

3-0 would be nice and deserved but I fear retribution for the second game.... The Blues have some big names and i'd be happy to have Bailey in my side any day....

None the less we have laid the foundation and Maroon spirits ride high...

The next game being in Sydney i'll be by your side at Jamesy's house hanging off each play screaming at the top of my lungs.

Being a Queenslander is a privledge the requires the owner to stand tall three times a year.

BRING ON GAME TWO!!

With Civo & Pricey leading us into battle I only expect fireworks.....
GO QUEENSLAND!!!

Anonymous said...

well done lads. sitting in the walkabout with rusty, markus, mel & jaq, we couldn't help but notice the outpouring of QLD support as the Maroons took to the field. when the blues rolled out not a peep was heard. as the blues took control of the game the mouse like voices started to cheer their side. at halftime, as per usual they became cocky. the QLD'ers quietly expectant. and then along comes the second half. wave after wave of Maroon pride and passion swept thru the old church (now the pub) as the Maroons did what comes naturally. we never give in, coz our boys don't. And in the end it was another predictable QLD victory, and the blues supporters slunk out of the bar with as much as a wimper. but in true paroquial fashion, i was there to give them a jibe on the way out. 'Good game' i said, a smile ear to ear. their reply- 'your lucky'
thats the thing with these blues supporters, they still haven't figured it out.... luck has absolutely nothing to do with it.. infact most of the luck went to them... it's simply a greater desire to achieve that rewards our boys.. no matter the physical or personal cost. so when the whistle blows, it's over the top together, as one. and every Queenslander is there.
thats what sets us apart. thats what makes me proud.
and Pricey..... i've run out of superlatives for that man..
infact, i'd like to have his babies.
onya boys.
we luvya.
bsr