WEEKLY FIX PAGES

Monday, November 13, 2006

Winge of the Week

Sorry fixers for the lack of activity on the Fix as of late.

The last couple of weeks have been quite busy, had a great time down at Hounds for the Indy, where I managed to take some wicked pics as well as some awesome video footage of army helicopters flying within 100 feet of Hound's unit.

Woke up Melbourne Cup Day with the news a friend of Luke's had arranged two VIP tickets to U2 for us. I thought my day could not improve after backing the winner in the Cup which paid $20.20 for the win.

With a camera full of shots and a lost data cord I headed of to Harvey Norman to buy a new cord so I could upload photos to my computer and then the fix. I was politely told the only way to get a new cord was to go direct to the manufacturer of the camera, or you could buy a generic card reader for $60.

Deciding to buy the card reader I took it home to find out the software was not compatible with my computer even though the packaging clearly states thet it is mac compatible.

I returned the card reader explaining my situation, when I was informed that I do not need to load the software just put your card into the card reader and plug it into the computer and every thing will take care of itself.

Taking the advice I took the card reader home plugged it into my mac, when the reader deleted everthing on my card. On returning it to Harvey Norman I was told that it should work and that it is easy to recover data just go to this website.

After checking out the website I was apalled to discover that it will cost me $180 to recover data lost because I took dodgy advice from Harvey Norman.

I returned the reader got my money back and headed towards WOW - light and sound at Annerly.

I explained my situation to the salesman he told me I don't normally do this to people who did not buy a camera with WOW then handed me a data cord for my particular camera for free.

I was shocked considering I was told from Harvey Norman that the only way I could get the cord was through the camera manufacturer.

So unfortunately I have no photos of the Indy or U2, but at least I know what type of business practices Harvey Norman preach.

Thanks to Chin at WOW. So if anyone wants a recommendation for a place to buy presents this Xmas then WOW is the place.

No comments: