WEEKLY FIX PAGES

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

WHAT AM i TO DO?

Computers can be so frustrating cant they? I just poured my heart out in a now non existent blog and just as I was about to post it I decided to spell check it and lost the whole blog. How can I ever expect to recapture these thoughts and emotions? Fucken technology (sorry folks - swearing makes me feel a lot better). Dont expect me to spell check this one so you will just have to put up with the grammatical and spelling errors.

To begin.......

I have been thinking a lot of late. I would guess you have too if you feel the same way?? I really feel like the backbone of my friendship base in Brisbane has been ripped away of recent. First my ol' partner in crime and Yeronga orignator, Da Bear and his girlfriend - no let me get this right WIFE, Mezzy pack their bags and head to terrorize the suburbs of London. Shortly after I am informed that my neighbours and very close friends Coltrain & Breeza are shorty to head over and join the newly wed Londoners!! If you dont belive me check out their house - they are already living out of bags not too mention Tigs (their cat) no longer resides there.

Next, just when I am getting used to the idea of these four close friends departing I find out that Rusty (aka Sharon) and Marcus are soon to pack up and move to Mumbai to start life there for indeterminant amount of time.

WOW - that is a lot of folk close to my heart that are no longer physically apparent on a regular basis. PLEASE - Don't get me wrong as there are still very special friends close to my heart left in Brissie but with the current occurences I cant help the fact that it leaves me emotionally void at present (which is typically a male trait)!!! And the feeling of nothingness is one of the worst in the world.

I don't know if there is a point to this posting - Does there have to reason behind every emotion?

It is important that the above mentioned people know I will miss them greatly! I hope they know how much they mean to me because often we dont tell each other the value of each individual friendship. Bear, this very much applies to you as my Yeronga days and the time spent with you remains strong in my heart.

I guess I could go on and on but I wont. My only wish is that one day these people will be back here and we once again will have the same base of friends I now realise I was so lucky to have. The one thing to come of this is the realisation that at times I did take my friends and the inherent friendships for granted and now that we are physically challeneged I wish I had done more to atleast let them know of this.

None the less it is my commitment to make sure for those of you that are still left, that I stop this tendency of "taking for granted" and communicate more.

Oh dear...... have I expressed myself effectively??? It was better on the first posting but emotions tend to be circles of therotical and mental activity.

Fluid Thoughts
21 June 2006
2:11 pm

4 comments:

Markus said...

we haven't left yet borgus, lets make the most of it fella!!

Rusty said...

You made me cry.

Rusty

Anonymous said...

I am crying too!
breeza

(forgot my user name and password...)

Anonymous said...

everything in life is cyclical my friend. circles rule this world. and we only ever realise where we've been when we return to where we came from.
also, yes technology can be an absolute c@#t, but look at how we are using it right now.
distant we may be, but thats about all. amigos forever. cheers bud.