WEEKLY FIX PAGES

Friday, June 23, 2006

ANYONE ELSE PHYSICALLY DRAINED?

I tell you what my heart was in my mouth this morning when I watched the Roos!

Sal had to leave the room in the end for fear of being hit by one of my arms that were continually madly waving around. The profanities that were coming out of mouth probably were also a little over the top in reflection (most of it either in the direction of the Ref, Croat's or the Aussie goalkeeper).

None the less we made it and I am totally beat from a very emotional match. Who wants to work on a day like today????

Whilst I am here, I think this is the best sporting event in the World! And why do we call our team the SoccerRoos? Now that we are part of this World Game we need to change that name. It's not soccer. IT'S FOOTBALL!!

4 comments:

Borgus Erectus said...

Agree on the tipping and score froecast. Like the notion of Soccatoos but need to get away from calling it soccer. Makes us viewed as "behind the times" with this sport when everyone else is calling it football!

Anonymous said...

actually boys it's called 'futbol' by most of the world. but whats wrong with soccer. how are we to distinguish between 4 codes?? and how about the 'soccerootas'... thats what we are gunna do to italy. come monday our mongrel bunch of misfits and premiership rejects are going to shock the world, and put us on the map, forever... if only the refs would give us a fair go.
i'm still celebrating, it's falcon madness over here. advance australia fair. bsr.

Anonymous said...

I will be watching the dirty Fussball tonight. Shame i have not mobile reception down here in Tassie as I would love to share the excitement with you all... Looks like i will have to watch the game with the cat. I foresee a penelty shootout as well as plenty of yellow and red card for the Italians. They get too easily fired up, which will be their downfall. On the same topic... I finally managed to watch my home country play (they trashed Sweden). Man these boys look extremely hot. Watch out!!!

Breeza

Anonymous said...

italians once again proved their penchant for diving at exactly the right moment. yes, they probably deserved to win, but certainly not like that. i refuse to eat pasta for a month. go spain. angrybsr