WEEKLY FIX PAGES

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Mick'd up and Mess'd around

Been a while since I've had the time to pursue the things that mean most to me so when work rang to inform me I had worked my monthly limit in three weeks and to take the rest of the week off, what better way to start the week with a bit of sample spotting.

First stop grab a couple of high powered mutants and head to vegas central to stock up with weapons of mass destruction - music. Fabriclive 09 jumped out straight away as it reminded me of Borgus Erectus, as half the tracks were old favourites I use to listen to with the Borg, second cd acquired was the Art of Disco. Fellow mutant Jamesy lashed out and stocked himself with several weapons himself including Lil Louis's French Kiss, a cracker track which in it's day was as powerful as a nuclear bomb.

Thirsty work sample spotting so with little deliberation and the midday sun beaming down drinks was on order and what better place to start a session than Showgirls. Never been to Showgirls and what an impression, not only was it free to get in the girls didn't leave anything to the imagination. First special thanks goes to Holly - you rock and exceeded all expectations. I'll be back.

With a few beers under the belt next stop Jamesy's to listen to our new weapons and what weapons they were, so after a few hours of audio bliss and deep consultation with our mate Jim Beam it was time to take our American Beauty to work. Not satisfied with six hours of drinking we decided to head to the Story Bridge for dinner and a couple of quiet ones, while waiting for our partner in crime to finish work.

With the responsibility of attending a photo shoot at the Rocklea Markets at 8.30 am to help with a photo competition for a fellow freak Bear Skin Rug we discussed calling it a night, with that we called Bear to inform him not to worry we will see you in the morning, we won't let you down. See you tomorrow.

Feeling proud of our uncharacteristic sense of responsibility we became complacent and like flies to shit we headed to Paddington and the Velvet Cigar. Time was fast approaching 3.00 am and there was only one thing on my mind, no not being at rocklea in five hours time but getting to a dancefloor before Brisneylands curfew kicked in.

Fast approaching mutilation I couldn't get into any clubs (Fuck you Monestry) and ended up in some backpackers' bar which served its purpose and gave me the chance to get a boogie out of the way. Only one thing left to make the night complete and that's arguing with Jamesy all the way home in a cab over absolutely nothing. Arriving at Jamesy's I participated in another favourite past time, leaving something behind in the cab. Sticking my head into the cab to regather my possessions my sparring partner slammed my head drawing blood and knocking me off my feet. What better way to make a mate feel guilty after an argument than faking been knocked unconscious, it didn't work, hearing Jamesy giggling and the cabbie standing over me freaking out I thought it was time to cease acting and get up.

Now with only a few hours left to having to be at Rocklea what else was there left to do but down some tequila and finish listening to the rest of the music purchased 17 hours earlier.

Waking up two hours late for the photo shoot only compounded our hangovers, so off to West End for breakfast and beers. To be honest I can't remember the rest of Friday probably spent the day on Jamesy's couch watching the idiot box.

Surfacing Saturday and raring to go headed to Borgs for a quiet drink and show off my new weapons. Arriving I was dismayed to find out Borg already had my new proud possessions. Heidi was over preparing for her birthday bbq the next day making quiche and sangria when good ol' Isa Breeza showed up with a blender of filled with some sort of cocktail. God bless you Isa.

Next we headed to Col & Isa's to continue consuming and I must admit the conversations had by all was the highlight of the night. Cheers guys you all rock.

With Heidi's birthday bash the next day we pulled the plug around 3.00am, woke up early and headed for Roma St Parklands for a bbq that brought over 30 mutants together for a day of festivities that was thoroughly enjoyed by all. To the security dood who pulled down the volleyball net you suck tossa!!

Leaving the parklands I drove down the coast to celebrate Pino's birthday with a night on the Jim Beam followed by a day at Sea World. Had a fantastic day the highlight being the Polar Bears - awesome creatures.

Left the coast tuesday to attend a dinner party (with Bear & Astonville Muppet) at Jamesy's that night with the American Beauty cooking up a feast that would go down as one of the best meals I have ever had. Entree consisted of oysters and prawns followed by Barramundi wrapped in filo pastry accompanied with a rocket, pear, walnut and Parmesan salad. Truly amazing dinner.

Poet Pat provided cocktails and even performed some of his private poetry for us, the night was fantastic and i couldn't think of a better way to finish off an unforgettable week.

So to all those mutants who provided me with companionship, music, food, drugs and a bed over the week, thanks very much I loved every moment, without you guys life would be a bore.

Your all legends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice one mickus, beautiful expose into the day in the life of a freakmutant. Gotta a gree with you're call on Fabrique live 09 da doom da tappety tap tet dang!!! troop on my son and let the force guide you.........