WEEKLY FIX PAGES

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Joke of the Week

An 80-year-old Arab lives close to New York City. He loves gardening and would love to plant potatoes in his veggie patch but he is alone old and weak. His only son lives and works and works in Paris so the old man sends his son an e-mail. He explains his problem as follows:

"My beloved son I am very sad because I cant plant potatoes in my garden. I am sure that if you were here you would have helped me to dig over the soil so I could plant my potatoes. Remember I love you, your father."

The following day the old man receives the following e-mail from his son:

"My beloved father, salaam alekgum (may God be with you in all things). PLEASE do not touch the garden It is there I have hidden "THE THING"! I love you Ahmed."

At 4.00pm the same day the US Army, The Marines, The FBI and the CIA visit the old man, take the garden apart, search every inch but cant find anything. Disappointed and somewhat weary they apologize and leave the house.

The next day the old man receives an e-mail from his son:

"My beloved father, I hope the garden is dug up for you by now and you can plant your potatoes. Thats all I could do for you at such short notice. I love you Ahmed."

No comments: