WEEKLY FIX PAGES

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

THE VIBE! THE BIRTHDAY BASH REPORT


How nice is it to wake up on your birthday and the first thing you feel is a warm ray of sunshine peaking through the blinds inviting you to get up and share the day with it? The perfect day was laid out in what was to be the most unusual of experiences.

Dirty “Thirty-Five” was a birthday that I had silently set a few goals to achieve by and I am happy to say that as I rose to begin the task of manically getting ready for a BBQ, I couldn’t help think I was doing alright for myself.

But any thought of further self congratulations was soon overshadowed by the many little tasks that needed completion compounded by the pounding head, the dry throat and memory of the numerous bottles of Verve Cliquot and other spirits that slipped down my throat at #9 Hazlewood Street the night prior, on my last night of my 34th year.

None the less as the day past noon and people started to trickle in I began to feel the glow of knowledge in how lucky I was to have such an awesome spectrum of friends. Thank you all for turning up and positively involving yourself in what was a good day to remember. Whilst there are a few memories best forgotten all I can say is that as far as achieving those personal goals goes, with a group of friends such as the crew in presence on Sunday I can only say that I know I am doing alright.

Heidi you make an absolutely wicked cake and Sal the day wouldn’t have been possible without you and your continual support. I dig ya babe... #9 Hazlewood you guys rock and to all out there who made it thank you for making the effort of being part of this boy's transition into the “middle ages” (did I say that????).

The pictures say it all. ENJOY!!

No comments: